Director of Product Management
Who we Are
Founded in 2011, Cirrus Insight is a sales acceleration platform that allows salespeople to quickly work and close deals by working directly in their preferred email client. We’re one of the most recognized brands in the Salesforce ecosystem, having been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies for three consecutive years. Our culture is focused on customer success, employee growth, and equity for all our stakeholders.
The Director of Product Management is responsible for identifying and driving strategies to bend the growth curve by increasing ARR through new offerings and incremental value addition. The ideal candidate must have a passion for understanding our product and for the sales acceleration space coupled with a desire to understand customer processes and needs.
Cirrus Insight is investing heavily in its roadmap, with a focus on new products and offerings. Towards that goal, the ideal candidate will be data driven and must have strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize data from multiple inputs in order to produce innovative customer experiences and successful business outcomes. The ability to simplify and convey a product vision, expected business outcomes, and a roadmap that can be executed upon is a must.
This position reports to the CTO, works directly with customers to understand their needs, and will lead and grow a team of product managers and UX designers. The Director of Product Management will coach and develop product managers with a focus on requirements and the product creative process, and partner with engineering and business leaders to set and realize product direction.
This is a cross-functional role that will engage with all aspects of the business including sales, customer support management, support, engineering (dev/qa), security/compliance, and architecture requiring both creative and technical expertise in order navigate to create best in industry product experiences.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Support to carefully understand and analyze user needs and turn those into a product plan, roadmap and detailed specifications.
- Early understanding of emerging trends within our target market with the ability to forecast and integrate those solutions into the near and long term roadmap.
- Uncover underlying stakeholder needs by focusing on the "why" and work with partners to establish the right goals, and transform specific requests into prioritized capabilities that solve the underlying need.
- Determine what features and capabilities will have the biggest return on investment.
- Determine and document customer journey, process maps, and detailed user stories and requirements.
- Determine trade-offs and fit gap analysis to guide product decisions and set customer expectations.
- Provide Product Management leadership for the delivery cycle to take ideas from concept to implementation.
- Refine requirements based on prototyping, and iterative feedback, acting as a bridge between customer desires and technical realities.
- Plan and conduct user research to inform your work.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative methods to measure success, and share your findings.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and their needs.
Competitive & Trend Analysis
- Assess how Cirrus compares to alternatives; indirect and direct competitors.
- Identify key industry competitors and evaluate their strategies to determine areas of opportunity.
- Provides guiding principles for and defines value proposition, customer segmentation, and business case to bring innovative and disruptive business unit products to the market. (i.e. Product configuration mix, Revenue/margins, financials, market share).
- Collect and analyze data, identify patterns and trends, and drive actionable Product Strategy recommendations.
- Lead a product management team that works with cross functional partners comprised of engineering, design and user research.
- Ensure end-to-end product release including feature development, integrations, data migration, cut-over from legacy applications, and stabilization/support.
- Partner with Marketing, Knowledge Management, Customer Success, and Support teams to roll out new products and features.
- Inspire, coach, and lead a team of Product Managers.
- Nurture product managers by helping to set product strategy for them and coaching them on the mechanics of being a great product manager.
- Lead a team of data product managers and help create product vision, goals and roadmap to achieve the right business outcome.
- Use detailed specifications as your foundation, collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new features that are highly usable.
- Track and communicate progress while managing customer/partner/leadership expectations.
Auditing & Reporting
- Own, represent, and communicate the product vision and strategy via visualized product roadmap
- Define and analyze metrics and industry trends that inform the success of products.
- Provide effective written and verbal updates on the product strategy and key outcomes to senior leadership and stakeholders.
- 10+ years of product management experience with software products in the technology space
- Experience with Salesforce
- Knowledge of data warehousing basics
- Extensive product management experience, especially in the formulation of strategy and roadmaps, as well as associated standards, policies, and frameworks with a proven track record of successfully innovating in products in the SaaS space
- The ability to think big and small. Comfortable discussing strategy and long term vision with executives, but also able to dive into the details designing a particular interaction with product and engineers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to relate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences and a demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical themes to C-level executives
- Experience with full SDLC methodologies (agile, scrum, xp, rup, other)
- Experience conducting UX research, user interviews, split testing; leveraging findings to drive design and user experience
- Familiarity with Figma
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience hiring, managing and developing product managers (individual contributors and people managers)
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams without direct authority
- Certifications in Product Management & Agile Practices
- Salesforce Certifications