Let’s Set Up Cirrus Insight
To begin the setup process, follow the instructions for the appropriate email application.
Cirrus Insight for Outlook
Downloading the Cirrus Insight for Outlook Add-In
- If needed, sign in to your Microsoft Outlook account or Office 365 account.
- In a new browser tab, go to home.cirrusinsight.com
- Two blue boxes will be in the middle of the screen, select the appropriate option from the left box – Office Add-In or Outlook for Mac.
- Click the blue “Get It Now” button from the Microsoft add-in page.
Setting up the Sidebar (Outlook)
- Proceed through the installation prompts and allow permissions.
- Open Outlook, select the Home menu, and click the Cirrus Insight icon in the top-right.
- Click the Pin the top-right of the Sidebar to prevent having to relaunch the Sidebar on every new email.
Cirrus Insight for Gmail
Downloading the Cirrus Insight for Gmail Add-In
- Sign in to your Google Account
- In a new browser, tab go to: home.cirrusinsight.com
- Two blue boxes will be in the middle of the screen, select Google Chrome Extension in the left box
- In the app store window – click on the blue button on the right that says Add to Chrome
- A confirmation window will open – In the bottom right click Add Extension
Setting up the Sidebar (Gmail)
- Return to your Gmail Tab
- When you get back to your email on the far right you will see the Cirrus Insight symbol.
- Click the Cirrus Insight Symbol – the Sidebar will open
- Click “Continue” at the bottom of the Sidebar
- Sign in by entering your email, click the remember email box, then the sign in button
- After syncing accounts, the Cirrus Insight Sidebar will open when an email is selected.
Connecting Gmail to Salesforce
If Cirrus doesn’t recognize your email, you will need to sign in with salesforce
- Click on ‘sign in with Salesforce’ to open the login menu.
- Go through your login process
After successfully logging in for the first time, you will receive a confirmation from Cirrus Insight and will be introduced to Una the Unicorn – Cirrus Insight’s Executive VP of Goodwill and Customer Education.