If the Cirrus Insight icon used to show up but is no longer appearing in the toolbar, the most common reason is that Outlook disabled the plugin. To re-enable the plugin, use the following steps.
Re-Enabling plugins using the File -> Slow and Disabled Com-Addins feature
- Choose the Outlook File Menu on the far left side of your email window and look at the bottom of the main page for highlighted Slow and Disabled COM Add-Ins at the bottom of the list. When you select this item, you will be able to set Zynbit to be Always Enabled. Then restart Outlook.
Re-Enabling plugins in Outlook
- For Outlook Version 2007, on the Tools menu, click Trust Center, and then click Add-ins. For Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2016, choose the file menu and then look at the bottom left for Options-> Addins
- View the add-ins and application extensions that are categorized as follows:
- Active Application Add-ins Lists the extensions that are registered and currently running in your Office program.
- Inactive Application Add-ins Lists the add-ins that are present on your computer but are not currently loaded.
- Disabled Application Add-ins Lists add-ins that were automatically disabled
- In the Add-ins box, identify the Cirrus Insight for Salesforce add-in and note the Add-in Status (Inactive or Disabled) located in the Type
- Select the Add-in type (Inactive or Disabled) in the Manage box and then click Go.
- Select the check box for Cirrus Insight and then click OK.
- If the Add-in is disabled, the you must first enable it to be Inactive and then repeat the cycle so that the Add-in shows up in the Active Applications Add-ins area.
Install the plugins using the JUST ME option
If the plugin was installed but has never been visible in the tool bar, try re-installing but choose the install option for JUST ME.
This is typically only needed for Outlook 2010 and prior versions. When reinstalling, three screens will appear. The second screen shows the option “Just Me” selected in the lower left part of the screen. Choose this and then continue the install. Restart Outlook when complete